Are we still alive over here??
Yes. The Academy 31 team is definitely alive and well and busy. 🙂 Read on, privileged insider, and get a snapshot into our lives… 😉
One thing I’ve been learning lately is that ugliness makes beauty even more beautiful. That the clouds make silver linings shine. That suffering makes me relish the good times. And that tough stuff makes everything else seem just peachy.
– Always having people come and go through our house – as I write this, one friend is sleeping peacefully in the bed next to me and another family friend is working with my brother in the main room of the house
– Remodeling your bedroom. Just so you know, my sister and I have the coolest bedroom ever. And when I say “bedroom, I MEAN bed room. As in, the majority of the room IS the bed. It’s wonderful. 🙂
– Spending time with family…hanging out…talking…working…watching movies…
– Gunpowder, friends, and a shooting range 😉
– Staying up really late with friends talking about deep stuff
– The family all supporting each other in trying to eat healthy and a sister who cooks ridiculously delicious food that’s GOOD for you!
– Dressing up like a wierdo, er cow for National Cow day at Chic-Fil-A so that you can get your free meal…and then getting there with your party too late so they say they can’t give you food but your brother sweet talks the manager into giving us all the random leftover food that they were going to throw away. Total win.
– Making homemade pita way too late at night and sitting around the kitchen munching on it with butter and cinnamon sugar because you THOUGHT you had hummus but didn’t
– Saying goodbye to a brother before he goes on deployment
– Caring for our grandpa who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer
– Trying to learn balance. And by balance, I don’t mean yoga-hold-this-crazy-position-balance. But finding the balance between working 100% and not getting stressed; between spending time with family and investing in others; between eating enough veggies but still having a sliver of brownie….. 😉
– Remembering that “Though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again”
– Seeking the boldness and love to share the gospel with a stranger
– Not complaining
– Disappointment; thinking you finally get to do something that you have been waiting to do for years…and then finding out that you still have to wait several more months
– Waiting on the Lord. To send us speakers and girls. To prepare our hearts. To give us wisdom and love
Can’t wait to share the ups and downs with those of you coming to A31 in a couple weeks! We’d love to hear what things are “peachy and tough” in your life… shoot us an email or drop a comment!